Why do people really Twitter ?
As we all know we use TWITTER for almost everything. We follow others in the hope that they will follow back our TWITTER account. We have the goal to inform people about the things we love and want to talk about. We use Twitter to promote our brand or just other things. But why would we do that ? Why do we use the TWITTER channel too inform the world about this. That is why I posted the following item on my Social Media House Blog. Just check it :
source : http://tweepi.com
What are the real, closeted reasons behind the act of “tweeting”? Why would someone spend hours tweeting to complete strangers he/she has never met before and will probably never meet in person? What needs does tweeting fulfill? Do we really think of the psychology behind our tweeting habits?
Here are some of the main reasons behind the act of tweeting based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Model:
- Meeting new people from different backgrounds and various locations around the world.
- Establishing connections with others, grow friendships, build relationships and maybe even find love (or at least talk about it to many others who might be feeling the same!).
- Building on self-confidence through interacting with tweeps who continuously praise your tweets, personality, knowledge and/or looks.
- Earning respect from your Twitter peers by providing them with valuable content, tips and links.
- Developing and spreading your creativity in an open and receptive Twitter atmosphere.
- Learning new skills related to problem-solving, enhancing interpersonal competencies and improving overall communication habits.
- Winning products, through sweepstakes and promotions, that have the ability to make you feel “important” and “unique” such as the Macbook Pro.
- Feeling with others on a deeper level through spreading the news about humanitarian causes, environmental problems, economical issues or political debates, and eventually making a difference.
- Achieving fame through proposing ideas that will become trending topics or uncovering site hacks and problems.